Despite some of the most comprehensive and rigorous laws, regulations and policies relating to sustainable forest management, and boasting the greatest amount of certified forests in the world, Canada’s forest sector is often misunderstood or misrepresented in the media. The Institute endeavors to set the record straight by speaking out, and speaking up for the world class sustainable forest management in Canada by responding to documents, reports and campaigns, which inaccurately represent forestry and natural resource management practices in Canada.
- Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of National Forest Week. CIF-IFC is featured in National Post’s Celebrating Canada’s Forests campaign for National Forest Week and National Tree Day 2020.
- Canada’s Forests are Well Managed – CIF-IFC responds to recent media attention concerning the management of Canada’s boreal forest
- The CIF-IFC stands in solidarity with the Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour communities against racism, hatred and violence.
- Do You Know the True Value of Canada’s Forests? CIF-IFC does a Q&A with Mediaplanet as part of the National Post’s Celebrating Canada’s Forests campaign for International Day of Forests 2020
- CIF-IFC & FPAC respond to Opinion Editorial in Globe and Mail Re: The Amazon’s Forest Fires Are A Global Peril – But So Are Canada’s
- CIF-IFC responds to the Made-in-Manitoba Climate and Green Plan
- CIF-IFC responds to the Government of Ontario’s decision to close the Ontario Tree Seed Facility
- Logging Does Not Equal Deforestation Infographic
- CIF/IFC Responds to World Resource Institute Report on Forest Cover Loss in Canada
- CIF/IFC Responds to the MOECC’s Report ‘Ontario Climate Change Discussion Paper’
- CIF/IFC Responds to the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario’s Annual Report
- Canadian Institute of Forestry Letter Regarding Comments on Earth Day Canada’s Communications
- CIF/IFC Responds to Posted Signs about Logging in Algonquin Park
- CIF/IFC Letter to the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- Why WOODn’t You?
- Letter to Toys R Us in Response to TV Advertisement