Event Details en-
Timber supply in Alberta’s forests – these are risky times
The virtual event will be short presentations, panel discussions/questions and breakout meetings with speakers.
See the event poster here.
November 19th, 2020 (Thursday)
Virtual – remote delivery
Who should attend?
Practitioners interested in sustainability of and intensive investment in Alberta’s forests in times of risk from fire, insects, erratic weather and other factors that influence the long-term success of our forests and communities.
What topics will be covered?
A diverse line-up of speakers from industry, government and the scientific community will share their expertise on:
- The importance of timber supply in forestry investment
- Opportunities to increase yield through intensive silviculture
- Tree improvement opportunities to increase growth or reduce insects, diseases and drought impacts.
- Climate change and wildfire and its impacts on sustainability.
- Assessing how risk to forest sustainability and health is assessed in sustained yield management
- Operational and strategic planning to increase wood supply in Alberta with current and adapted policies.
Full Agenda can be found here.
Registration Opens ~ October 1, 2020
Questions? Send Email to: email@example.com
Upcoming Date(s) and Time(s)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Registration includes presentations, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments.