Event Details en-
CIF-IFC Rocky Mountain Technical Workshop
Integrating Wildland Fire Risk in Forest Management Planning
November 22, 2017 (Wednesday)
Chateau Louis, 11727 Kingsway NW, Edmonton, Alberta
Who should attend?
Practitioners interested in expanding their understanding of wildfire and learning how to account for fire in their management of forest lands to sustain resilient forests, industries and communities.
What topics will be covered?
A diverse lineup of speakers from government and academia will be sharing their expertise on:
- Wildfire and climate change
- FireSmart and the wildland urban interface (WUI)
- Fire risk assessment at community and landscape scales
- Fuel management and silvicultural strategies for reducing fire risk
- First Nations fire management
- Fire, caribou and protected areas
Special Guest Speaker – Bob Keane, Supervisory Research Ecologist and wildland fuel science specialist with the US Forest Service
For more information please email: email@example.com
Upcoming Date(s) and Time(s)
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Chateau Louis - Edmonton, AB