Event Details en-
The Canadian Institute of Forestry/Institut Forestier du Canada is hosting a one week cultural and forestry tour of Ireland in conjunction with Teagasc (pronounced “chaugs”, the Irish equivalent of FPInnovations) the week of May 12 to 18 2019.
The tour will include a variety of natural, cultural, historical, and unique forestry sites and operations across southern Ireland. Join us and experience the friendly people, great music, great beer, and great whiskey!
Registration is limited! If interested, be sure to book your ticket when registration opens on December 1, 2018 at 11 am (ET).
Find the Detailed Itinerary HERE.
- Natural wonders such as the cliffs of Moher
- Historical sites such as the Glendalough Monastic ruins and the Rock of Cashel
- Forests managed for specialty products such as Hurling sticks
- Current Teagasc research sites and projects
- Industrial and small scale private and community forestry
Travel and Hotel Arrangements
- Participants will make their own travel arrangements to and from Dublin.
- From Dublin, the group will travel in a chauffeur driven coach.
- Accommodations will be 3 and 4 star hotels – twin room configuration, including breakfasts
- (single rooms are available but at a higher rate).
- Singles can be paired to share a room.
Cost: $1,670.00/person (€1100 – the price may be adjusted depending on the currency exchange rate.)
The price will include:
- Ground transportation on the tour
- Accommodations and breakfasts based on double occupancy (The price will be higher if single rooms are requested). Singles can be matched to share rooms.
- 2 group dinners
- Host and presenter’s gifts
- All special admission fees
- Overhead & Administration fees
Participants will be responsible for:
- Flights to and from Dublin
- Transfer from Dublin airport to our Dublin hotel and back.
- Lunches and dinners not included in the price, other than the 2 group dinners
- Beverages and all personal items and souvenirs
- Registration can be completed online starting December 1, 2018 and will close on February 1, 2019 or when tickets are sold out
- Please contact Kerry Spencer at CIF National Office email@example.com for your name to be added to a waitlist should all the spaces be filled at the time you are booking
Registration may be paid in full or by deposit.
- Full: $1670.00/person
- $400.00/person deposit is due at time of registration. An additional deposit of $400.00/person will be due by the registration deadline – February 1st, 2019
- The balance/person will be due on March 15th, 2019
Click here for the tour’s promotional flyer including more information!
For additional information, please contact Michel Vallee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming Date(s) and Time(s)
- 2019/05/12 - 2019/05/18
8:00 am - 5:00 pm