Event Details en-
The Canadian Institute of Forestry/Institut Forestier du Canada is hosting a one week cultural and forestry tour of Ireland in conjunction with Teagasc (pronounced “chaugs”, the Irish equivalent of FPInnovations) the week of May 12th to 18th 2019.
The tour will include a variety of natural, cultural, historical, and unique forestry sites and operations across southern Ireland. Join us and experience the friendly people, great music, great beer, and great whisky!
Registration is limited. As such, we recommend that you register early.
Find the Detailed Itinerary HERE.
- Natural wonders such as the cliffs of Moher
- Historical sites such as the Glendalough Monastic ruins and the Rock of Cashel
- Forests managed for specialty products such as Hurling sticks
- Current Teagasc research sites and projects
- Industrial and small scale private and community forestry
Travel and Hotel Arrangements
- Participants will make their own travel arrangements to and from Dublin.
- From Dublin, the group will travel in a chauffeur driven coach.
- Accommodations will be 3 and 4 star hotels – twin room configuration, including breakfasts
- (single rooms are available but at a higher rate).
- Singles can be paired to share a room.
Cost: $1,670.00/person (€1100 – the price may be adjusted depending on the currency exchange rate.)
The price will include:
- Ground transportation on the tour
- Accommodations and breakfasts based on double occupancy (The price will be higher if single rooms are requested). Singles can be matched to share rooms.
- 2 group dinners
- Host and presenter’s gifts
- All special admission fees
- Overhead & Administration fees
Participants will be responsible for:
- Flights to and from Dublin
- Transfer from Dublin airport to our Dublin hotel and back.
- Lunches and dinners not included in the price, other than the 2 group dinners
- Beverages and all personal items and souvenirs
- Registration will open on December 1st, 2018 and close on February 1st, 2019.
- Registrations can be processed online below or through Kerry Spencer (email@example.com) at the CIF-IFC National office.
Registration may be paid in full or by deposit.
- Full: $1670.00/person
- $400.00/person deposit is due at time of registration. An additional deposit of $400.00/person will be due by the registration deadline – February 1st, 2019
- The balance/person will be due on March 15th, 2019
Click here for the tour’s promotional flyer including more information!
For additional information, please contact Michel Vallee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming Date(s) and Time(s)
- 2019/05/12 - 2019/05/18
8:00 am - 5:00 pm