About the Section:
The Ottawa Valley Section (OVS) members are forest practitioners from Eastern Ontario and Western Québec. There are also members from New York State.
- to encourage a wider understanding and appreciation of the forests of Canada and the practice of forestry among the general public, with particular emphasis on local issues;
- to advance our Members in their knowledge of the science and practice of forestry and to promote communications and camaraderie within the profession; and
- to promote respect for the ecological, economic and cultural importance of our forests.
Where we are:
- In Ontario: the Counties of Leeds and Grenville; Lanark, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry; Prescott & Russell; and the City of Ottawa and,
- In Québec: the Municipalités régionales de comté (MRC) of Laurentides, Outaouais, Abitibi-Témiscamingue and the City of Gatineau.
In 2003, the Ottawa Valley Section received the CIF’s Section of the Year Award in recognition of the outstanding involvement of members in the affairs of the CIF/IFC leading to increased awareness of the importance of forestry in Canada.