"Our forests - Continually giving"
National Forest Week 2021 highlights how Canada’s diverse forests are connected to our everyday lives.
Forests are more important now than ever, a beacon of renewal, resilience and hope for the future. They offer a variety of products, social, cultural and health benefits, as well as providing critical ecological functions. The forest sector is considered an essential service. Through sustainable forest management, we give back to our forests by ensuring they are renewed and remain resilient for a hopeful future.
What does the forest give to you? Let us know by using #NationalForestWeek / #SemaineNationaleDeLArbreEtDesForêts !
More information on how to participate in NFW 2021 coming soon!
- Like and share/re-tweet posts created by the CIF-IFC or posts using the hashtag #NationalForestWeek or #Semainenationaledelarbreetdesforêts
- Share National Forest Week 2021 digital creatives via social media using the hashtag #NationalForestWeek or #Semainenationaledelarbreetdesforêts
- Create your own content using the daily sub-themes from the Social Media Content Schedule and share them using the hashtag #NationalForestWeek or #Semainenationaledelarbreetdesforêts
- Take a walk in woods nearby and get to know your forest
- Arrange a tree planting: Tree Canada
- Care for a newly planted or neglected tree, and study its species
- Identify all the things at home or school that are made of wood
- Learn about organizations that demonstrate sustainable forest management
- Tour a forest sector industry or processing site
- Learn about the prevention of forest fires
- Contact a provincial forestry association for teaching materials.
- Visit the NFW-BC Coalition website for information about NFW in the west!
- Lead a National Forest Week event!
Thank you to all of our 2021 National Forest Week Sponsors!
Thank you for your participation and support in National Forest Week 2021!