Climate Change and Ontario’s Forests
- 20 June 2022
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Are you working in the forestry sector within Eastern Ontario?
The Forestry Skills Advance Ontario initiative provides industry with an opportunity to access training for its existing workforce. Workers who are already employed within the forestry sector or within wood products manufacturing facilities are able to upgrade their skills through Algonquin and Fleming Colleges who have developed many training programs that have been recommended by the industry.
In partnership with Algonquin College, the Canadian Institute of Forestry/Institut forestier du Canada (CIF-IFC) is coordinating a number of online training opportunities/workshops in the month of June, 2022!
The following webinar is hosted by the CIF-IFC.
- When: June 20, 10am – 2pm (ET)
- Where: Online through Zoom
- Impact of climate change on Ontario’s forests (current climate models and predictions research);
- Use of new technologies and tools in forest operations;
- Case studies – managing forests for climate change; and
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Who: Participants must meet certain eligibility criteria. Please see below.
Registration is FREE!
To register, please email email@example.com for more information and to confirm eligibility.
Please see below for eligibility requirements:
Jobseekers/Incumbent Workers must be:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old at the time of registration; and
- A resident of Ontario and legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- Meet the additional sector or workplace-specific requirements that may apply for each project (i.e. drug screening, criminal background checks, testing for manual dexterity or strength);
- Unemployed; or
- Precariously employed, or employed with low household income (based on Low Income Cut-Offs, or LICO); or
- On the payroll of a participating employer.
Workers must not be:
- Participating in any full-time education or occupational training, as defined by the institution.
- Participating in any other government –funded training intervention that offers support of the same tuition / training fees, training materials, or other related costs.
- Employed in a senior management or executive position or have a controlling interest in the business.
- Be a government funded agency