Petawawa Research Forest Virtual Tour
Explore the oldest research forest in Canada from the comfort of your workplace or home!
Since its inception, the PRF has created an irreplaceable legacy of research that has influenced forestry practices both nationally and internationally through some 2000 experiments and demonstrations – continuing to be a living laboratory committed to long-term research.
The PRF Virtual Tour showcases 8 study sites (listed below), each with a wealth of information including: a map tour, previous and current research, 360-degree photos, historical photos, and short audio clips/videos featuring Canadian Forest Service and Canadian Wood Fibre Centre researchers.
- Adaptive Silviculture for Climate Change
- Permanent Sample Plot 1 and 2
- Fire Rating/Weather Station
- Meridian Road White Pine Shelterwood Study
- Centennial Bridge – NEW!
- Biomass Harvesting in the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Forest Region – NEW!
- Introduction video featuring CWFC staff
- PRF Virtual Tour now offered in French
Click the button below to access the PRF Virtual Tour.
The CIF-IFC would like to sincerely thank the staff at the Canadian Forest Service, the Canadian Wood Fibre Centre and the PRF for their support, assistance and contributions in helping develop this Virtual Tour.
Any inquiries related to this project can be sent to: email@example.com