NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
About The Section
Newfoundland & Labrador Section
The Newfoundland and Labrador Section of CIF (CIFNL) started in 1956. Today, there are approximately 75 members. Members of CIFNL include forest practitioners from across the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Our membership includes people employed in a diverse array of occupations related to the sustainable management of our natural resources. Employers include organizations such as federal, provincial and municipal governments; academia at both the university and college level; industry and private sector; and non-government organizations.
- Commenting on topics related to forest management in NL.
- Delivering informative events to members and the public (e.g. Annual Conference, Mini Forums).
- Sponsoring a teacher to attend the Atlantic Teachers’ Tour each year.
- Fundraising for Forests Without Borders and Log a Load for Kids (charity.
- Recognizing people and groups involved with forestry via:
- Tree of Life Award (CIFNL member)
- Finn Frost and Frank Gogos Awards (students)
- Dave Sharpe Award (person/group)
What We Do
The Newfoundland and Labrador Section strives to provide forest leadership through advocacy, promoting sustainable forest management, and fostering public awareness in Newfoundland and Labrador.
|1st Vice Chair||Chris Griffin|
|2nd Vice Chair||Colin Carroll|
|Past Chair||Andrew Penney|
Annual Section Events
- Annual General Meeting and Conference
- Log A Load for Kids Golf/Curling Fundraising Events
- Mini Forums and Field Tours
Connect With Us
If you have any questions or inquires, please feel free to contact our Section Council directly.