One of the Institute's objectives is to welcome individuals to the profession of forestry. Since 1967 we have presented Silver Rings to graduating students from CIF-IFC recognized Canadian forestry program
Silver Ring Speech
The Silver Ring Speech serves as a guide to the significance, value and relevance of the Canadian Institute of Forestry/Institut forestier du Canada Silver Ring.
If you are interested in receiving a copy of the Silver Ring Ceremony speech, please email email@example.com.
Member Silver Ring
The member silver ring recognizes the interdisciplinary nature of forestry and the need to be truly inclusive of all forest practitioners. It also symbolizes our members’ commitment to sound forest stewardship and sustainability through CIF-IFC activities. The ring is also engraved with a small maple leaf.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Member of the Institute in good standing for four continuous years.
- A personal testimonial outlining why the member should receive a Silver Ring (one page).
- A letter from the Member’s Section Council stating why the member should be considered for a Member Silver Ring.
- Eligible recipients will be determined once a year in advance of the National Annual General Meeting and Conference by a committee appointed by the National Executive.
- Member Silver Rings will be presented during the National Awards Banquet. If the member is not able to attend the National Awards Banquet the ring will be given to the Section Director to be presented to the member at a CIF-IFC event where other members are present.
Eligible Members will be required to pay a standard $45.00 charge for their Ring. Non-members will be required to pay a standard $65.00 charge for their Ring.