Advocacy And Outreach
Advocacy And Outreach
Despite some of the most comprehensive and rigorous laws, regulations and policies relating to sustainable forest management, and boasting the greatest amount of certified forests in the world, Canada’s forest sector is often misunderstood or misrepresented in the media. The Institute endeavors to set the record straight by speaking out, and speaking up for the world class sustainable forest management in Canada by responding to documents, reports and campaigns, which inaccurately represent forestry and natural resource management practices in Canada.
- May 27, 2022: Information Bulletin (Issue 3): Caribou
- May 13, 2022: Blog post: Summary of the Canadian Forestry Regulations and Standards
- April 27, 2022: Information Bulletin (Issue 2): Clearcutting
- March 31, 2022: CIF-IFC shares how forests can help preserve our planet
- March 23, 2022: Information Bulletin (Issue 1): Old Growth
- CIF-IFC Defends Canadian Forest Carbon Quantification and Accounting
- Sorting the Myths from Facts of Deforestation in Canada
- Canada’s Diverse Forests Are Connected To Our Everyday Lives: CIF-IFC participates in Mediaplanet’s Protecting Canada’s Forests campaign
- CIF-IFC participates as a guest on Biodiversity Education & Awareness Network’s blog: Biodiversity At The Root of CIF-IFC National Forest Week
- CIF-IFC Responds To The IPCC’s Latest Report: Forestry Answering UN’s “Code Red” Call To Action
- CIF-IFC Forest Advocacy Committee responds to the assessment and classification of Black Ash as Endangered in Ontario
- CIF-IFC Newfoundland and Labrador Section and the Association of Registered Professional Foresters of Newfoundland and Labrador provide comments regarding Gros Morne National Park’s participation in the Early Intervention Budworm Control Program
- The Essential Service That’s Protecting Our Future: Our Forest Sector. CIF-IFC does a Q&A with Mediaplanet as part of the Future of our Planet Campaign
- Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of National Forest Week. CIF-IFC is featured in National Post’s Celebrating Canada’s Forests campaign for National Forest Week and National Tree Day 2020.
- Canada’s Forests are Well Managed – CIF-IFC responds to recent media attention concerning the management of Canada’s boreal forest
- The CIF-IFC stands in solidarity with the Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour communities against racism, hatred and violence.
- Do You Know the True Value of Canada’s Forests? CIF-IFC does a Q&A with Mediaplanet as part of the National Post’s Celebrating Canada’s Forests campaign for International Day of Forests 2020